- of, in, or produced by the air: aerial currents.
- inhabiting or frequenting the air: aerial creatures.
- operating on a track or cable elevated above the ground: an aerial ski lift up the mountainside.
- reaching far into the air; high; lofty: aerial spires.
- partaking of the nature of air; airy.
- unsubstantial; visionary: aerial fancies.
- having a light and graceful beauty; ethereal: aerial music.
- Biology. growing in the air, as the adventitious roots of some trees.
- pertaining to or used for, against, or in aircraft.
- supplied or performed by means of aircraft: aerial support; aerial reconnaissance.
- a radio or television antenna.
- Football. forward pass.
- of, relating to, or resembling air
- existing, occurring, moving, or operating in the airaerial cable car; aerial roots of a plant
- ethereal; light and delicate
- imaginary; visionary
- extending high into the air; lofty
- of or relating to aircraftaerial combat
- Also called: antenna the part of a radio or television system having any of various shapes, such as a dipole, Yagi, long-wire, or vertical aerial, by means of which radio waves are transmitted or received
1902 (short for aerial antenna, etc.); see aerial (adj.).