- bringing to or leading toward an organ or part, as a nerve or arteriole (opposed to efferent).
- a nerve carrying a message toward the central nervous system.
- bringing or directing inwards to a part or an organ of the body, esp towards the brain or spinal cordCompare efferent
- Carrying inward to a central organ or section, as nerves that conduct impulses from the periphery of the body to the brain or spinal cord.
- An afferent organ or body part, such as a blood vessel.
- Carrying sensory information toward a central organ or part, as a nerve that conducts impulses from the periphery of the body to the central nervous system. Compare efferent.