- simple past tense and past participle of bethink.
verb (used with object), be·thought, be·think·ing.
- to think; consider (used reflexively): He bethought himself a moment.
- to remind (oneself): to bethink oneself of family obligations.
- to remember; recall (used reflexively): She lives in the past now, bethinking herself of happier days.
- to determine; resolve: Under the circumstances I could not otherwise bethink me.
- Archaic. to bear in mind; remember.
verb (used without object), be·thought, be·think·ing.
- Archaic. to consider; meditate.
- the past tense and past participle of bethink
verb -thinks, -thinking or -thought archaic, or dialect
- to cause (oneself) to consider or meditate
- (tr often foll by of) to remind (oneself)