< /ˌkɑr mənˈyoʊlz; French kar maˈnyɔl/.
- a dance and song popular during the French Revolution.
- a man’s loose jacket with wide lapels and metal buttons, worn during the French Revolution.
- the costume of the French revolutionists, consisting chiefly of this jacket, black pantaloons, and a red liberty cap.
- a dance and song popular during the French Revolution
- the costume worn by many French Revolutionaries, consisting of a short jacket with wide lapels, black trousers, a red liberty cap, and a tricoloured sash