< /ˌdi məˈnaɪ ə kəl/.
- of, relating to, or like a demon; demonic: demoniac laughter.
- possessed by or as by an evil spirit; raging; frantic.
- a person seemingly possessed by a demon or evil spirit.
adjective also: demoniacal (ˌdiːməˈnaɪəkəl)
- of, like, or suggestive of a demon; demonic
- suggesting inner possession or inspirationthe demoniac fire of genius
- frantic; frenzied; feverishdemoniac activity
- a person possessed by an evil spirit or demon
c.1400, “possessed, insane,” earlier (late 14c.) as a noun, “one who is possessed,” from Late Latin daemoniacus (c.200), from Greek daimoniakos “possessed by a demon,” from diamon (see demon).