- ecological or environmental.
- not harmful to the environment: an eco resort with no air conditioning.
- Umberto,born 1932, Italian novelist and philosopher.
- a combining form representing ecology in the formation of compounds (ecosystem; ecotype); also with the more general sense “environment,” “nature,” “natural habitat” (ecocide; ecolaw; ecopolitics).
- short for ecology
- (as modifier)an eco group
- Umberto. born 1932, Italian semiologist and writer. His novels include The Name of the Rose (1981) and Foucault’s Pendulum (1988)
- denoting ecology or ecologicalecocide; ecosphere
word-forming element referring to the environment and man’s relation to it, abstracted from ecology, ecological; attested from 1969.
- Ecology; ecological:ecosystem.