- the act of habituating.
- the condition of being habituated.
- physiological tolerance to or psychological dependence on a drug, short of addiction.
- reduction of psychological or behavioral response occurring when a specific stimulus occurs repeatedly.
- the act or process of habituating
- psychol the temporary waning of an innate response that occurs when it is elicited many times in successionCompare extinction (def. 6)
mid-15c., from Medieval Latin habituationem, noun of action from habituare (see habituate (v.)).
- The process of habituating or the state of being habituated.
- Physiological tolerance to a drug resulting from repeated use.
- Psychological dependence on a drug.
- The decline of a conditioned response following repeated exposure to the conditioned stimulus.
- The gradual decline of a response to a stimulus resulting from repeated exposure to the stimulus.
- Physiological tolerance for a drug resulting from repeated use.
- Psychological dependence on a drug resulting from repeated use.