- (of a molecule) having a configuration resembling the levorotatory isomer of glyceraldehyde: printed as a small capital, roman character (distinguished from d-).
Symbol, Optics, Chemistry, Biochemistry.
- levorotatory; levo- (distinguished from d-).
- Chemistry. levo-.
- U.S. Military. (in designations of light aircraft) liaison: L-15.
- Relating to the configuration of l-glyceraldehyde, a compound chosen as the basis for stereochemical nomenclature because it is the simplest carbohydrate that can form optical isomers:l-lactic acid.
- To the left; levo:l-lactic acid.