- division into metameres, the developmental process of somite formation.
- existence in a metameric state.
- Chemistry. isomerism resulting from the attachment of different groups to the same atom, as C2H5NHC2H5 and CH3NHC3H7.
- Also called: metameric segmentation, segmentation the division of an animal into similar segments (metameres). In many vertebrates it is confined to the embryonic nervous and muscular systems
- chem a type of isomerism in which molecular structures differ by the attachment of different groups to the same atom, as in CH 3 OC 3 H 7 and C 2 H 5 OC 2 H 5
- The condition of having the body divided into metameres, exhibited in most animals only in the early embryonic stages of development.