- Ecclesiastical. the act or ceremony of ordaining.
- the fact or state of being ordained.
- a decreeing.
- the act of arranging.
- the resulting state; disposition; arrangement.
- the act of conferring holy orders
- the reception of holy orders
- the condition of being ordained or regulated
- an arrangement or order
n.early 15c., “the act of conferring holy orders,” from Old French ordinacion (12c.) or directly from Latin ordinationem (nominative ordinatio) “a setting in order, ordinance,” noun of action from past participle stem of ordinare “arrange” (see ordain).