verb (used with object), nu·mer·at·ed, nu·mer·at·ing.
- to represent numbers by symbols.
- enumerate(def 2).
- able to use or understand numerical techniques of mathematics.
- the ability to use numbers, esp in arithmetical operations
- able to use numbers, esp in arithmetical operationsCompare literate
verb (ˈnjuːməˌreɪt) (tr)
- to read (a numerical expression)
- a less common word for enumerate
1721, “to count,” from Latin numeratus “counted out,” past participle of numerare “to count, to number,” from numerus “a number” (see number). Related: Numerated; numerating.