- an act or instance of or the process or result of numbering or counting.
- the process or a method of reckoning or calculating.
- the act, art, or method of expressing or reading off numbers set down in numerals, especially those written decimally.
- the act or process of writing, reading, or naming numbers
- a system of numbering or counting
mid-15c., from Latin numerationem (nominative numeratio), noun of action from past participle stem of numerare “to count, number,” from numerus “number” (see number (n.)).