- an opening or passage by which anything is let out; vent; exit.
- a point on a wiring system at which current is taken to supply electric devices.
- Also called outlet box.the metal box or receptacle designed to facilitate connections to a wiring system.
- a means of expression or satisfaction: an outlet for one’s artistic impulses.
- a market for goods.
- a store, merchant, or agency selling the goods of a particular wholesaler or manufacturer.
- a local radio or television station that broadcasts the programs of a large network.
- a river or stream flowing from a body of water, as a lake or pond.
- the channel such a river or stream follows.
- the lower end or mouth of a river where it meets a large body of water, as a lake or the sea.
- an opening or vent permitting escape or release
- a means for release or expression of emotion, creative energy, etc
- a market for a product or service
- a commercial establishment retailing the goods of a particular producer or wholesaler
- a channel that drains a body of water
- the mouth of a river
- a point in a wiring system from which current can be taken to supply electrical devices
- anatomy the beginning or end of a passage, esp the lower opening of the pelvis (pelvic outlet)
n.mid-13c., “a river mouth,” from out + let (v.). Electrical wiring sense is attested from 1892. Meaning “a retail store” is attested from 1933. Figurative sense “means of relief or discharge” is from 1620s.