verb (used with object), syn·the·sized, syn·the·siz·ing.
- to form (a material or abstract entity) by combining parts or elements (opposed to analyze): to synthesize a statement.
- Chemistry. to combine (constituent elements) into a single or unified entity.
- to treat synthetically.
verb (used without object), syn·the·sized, syn·the·siz·ing.
- to make or form a synthesis.
- to combine or cause to combine into a whole
- (tr) to produce by synthesis
- To combine so as to form a new, complex product.
- To form or produce by chemical synthesis.