- the act of uniting again.
- the state of being united again.
- a gathering of relatives, friends, or associates at regular intervals or after separation: a family reunion.
- an island in the Indian Ocean, E of Madagascar: an overseas department of France. 970 sq. mi. (2512 sq. km). Capital: St. Denis.
- the act or process of coming together again
- the state or condition of having been brought together again
- a gathering of relatives, friends, or former associates
- an island in the Indian Ocean, in the Mascarene Islands: an overseas region of France, having been in French possession since 1642. A number of far-flung and uninhabited islands, some located on the opposite side of Madagascar, were also politically part of Réunion until 2007, when they were transferred to the French Southern and Antarctic Territories. Capital: Saint-Denis. Pop: 767 000 (2004 est). Area: 2510 sq km (970 sq miles)
The island of Reunion, formerly known as Bourbon, was renamed during the French Revolution (1793) in commemoration of the 1792 union of revolutionaries from Marseille with the National Guard in Paris, renamed back to Bourbon after 1815, then back to the Revolutionary name after 1848.