noun, plural se·gui·dil·las [sey-guh–deel-yuh z, –dee-yuh z; Spanish se-gee-th ee-lyahs] /ˌseɪ gəˈdil yəz, -ˈdi yəz; Spanish ˌsɛ giˈði lyɑs/.
- Prosody. a stanza of four to seven lines with a distinctive rhythmic pattern.
- a Spanish dance in triple meter for two persons.
- the music for this dance.
- a Spanish dance in a fast triple rhythm
- a piece of music composed for or in the rhythm of this dance
- prosody a stanzaic form consisting of four to seven lines and marked by a characteristic rhythm