- next after the sixteenth; being the ordinal number for 17.
- being one of 17 equal parts.
- a seventeenth part, especially of one (1/17).
- the seventeenth member of a series.
- (usually prenominal)
- coming after the sixteenth in numbering or counting order, position, time, etc; being the ordinal number of seventeen: often written 17th
- (as noun)the ship docks on the seventeenth
- one of 17 approximately equal parts of something
- (as modifier)a seventeenth part
- the fraction equal to one divided by 17 (1/17)
adj.c.1300, seventenþe, from seventeen + -th (1); replacing forms based on Old English seofonteoþa.