noun, plural short·ies.
- a person of less than average stature (sometimes used as a disparaging and offensive term of address).
- a garment designed to be of short length, as a hospital bed jacket.
- Also shaw·ty [shaw-tee] /ˈʃɔ ti/. Slang.
- a girl or woman: We watched the shorties on the dance floor, all lookin’ so fine.
- a girlfriend or sweetheart: Me and my shorty went to that new club over on Ninth last night; what a scene!
- noting a garment designed to be of short length: a shorty nightgown; shorty pajamas.
- plural shortiesa person or thing that is extremely short
- (as modifier)a shortie nightdress
- a Scot name for shortbread