- holding fast; characterized by keeping a firm hold (often followed by of): a tenacious grip on my arm; tenacious of old habits.
- highly retentive: a tenacious memory.
- pertinacious, persistent, stubborn, or obstinate.
- adhesive or sticky; viscous or glutinous.
- holding together; cohesive; not easily pulled asunder; tough.
- holding or grasping firmly; forcefula tenacious grip
- retentivea tenacious memory
- stubborn or persistenta tenacious character
- holding together firmly; tough or cohesivetenacious cement
- tending to stick or adheretenacious mud
adj.c.1600, from Latin tenaci-, from tenax “holding fast” (see tenacity). Related: Tenaciously; tenaciousness. adj.
- Clinging to another object or surface; adhesive.
- Holding together firmly; cohesive.