- next after ninth; being the ordinal number for ten.
- being one of ten equal parts.
- one of ten equal parts, especially of one (1/10).
- the member of a series preceding the eleventh and following the ninth.
- a tone distant from another tone by an interval of an octave and a third.
- the interval between such tones.
- the harmonic combination of such tones.
- Also called tenth’s place. (in decimal notation) the position of the first digit to the right of the decimal point.
- in the tenth place; tenthly.
- (usually prenominal)
- coming after the ninth in numbering or counting order, position, time, etc; being the ordinal number of ten: often written 10th
- (as noun)see you on the tenth; tenth in line
- one of 10 approximately equal parts of something
- (as modifier)a tenth part
- one of 10 equal divisions of a particular measurement, etcdecibel Related prefix: deci-
- the fraction equal to one divided by ten (1/10)
- an interval of one octave plus a third
- one of two notes constituting such an interval in relation to the other
- Also: tenthly after the ninth person, position, event, etc
- Also: tenthly as the 10th point: linking what follows with the previous statements, as in a speech or argument
mid-12c., tenðe; see ten + -th (1). Replacing Old English teoða (West Saxon), teiða (Northumbrian).