noun, plural ther·a·pies.
- the treatment of disease or disorders, as by some remedial, rehabilitating, or curative process: speech therapy.
- a curative power or quality.
- any act, hobby, task, program, etc., that relieves tension.
noun plural -pies
- the treatment of physical, mental, or social disorders or disease
- (in combination)physiotherapy; electrotherapy
n.1846, “medical treatment of disease,” from Modern Latin therapia, from Greek therapeia “curing, healing,” from therapeuein “to cure, treat medically,” literally “attend, do service, take care of;” related to therapon “servant, attendant.” n.
- The treatment of illness or disability.
- A healing power or quality.
Treatment intended to cure or alleviate an illness or injury, whether physical or mental.