- liable to change or to be changed; variable.
- of changing color or appearance: changeable silk.
- not capable of being changed or altered
- able to change or be changed; ficklechangeable weather
- varying in colour when viewed from different angles or in different lights
adj.mid-14c., from un- (1) + changeable. adj.mid-13c., “unstable, inconstant, unreliable,” from Old French changeable “inconstant,” from changier (see change (v.)) + -able (see -able). Meaning “subject to variation” is from late 14c. Related: Changeably.