- having or showing a date: a dated record of all meetings.
- out-of-date; old-fashioned: a nostalgic program of dated songs.
- (of a manuscript, letter, etc) not having an identifying date
- unfashionable; outmodeddated clothes
- (of a security) having a fixed date for redemption
adj.“left without indication of date,” 1560s, from un- (1) “not” + past participle of date (v.1) “assign a date to.” Cf. German undatirt, Dutch ongedateerd, Swedish odaterad. adj.“old-fashioned,” 1900, past participle adjective from date (v.1).