- capable of being deducted.
- allowable as a tax deduction: Charitable contributions are deductible expenses.
- the amount for which the insured is liable on each loss, injury, etc., before an insurance company will make payment: The deductible on our medical coverage has been raised from $50 to $100 per illness.
- capable of being deducted
- US and Canadian short for tax-deductible
- insurance, US and Canadian a specified contribution towards the cost of a claim, stipulated on certain insurance policies as being payable by the policyholderAlso called (in Britain and certain other countries): excess
adj.1610s, “that may be deduced,” also “that may be deducted;” from Latin deducere (see deduce) + -ible. As a noun, “deductible thing,” by 1927.