- busy or occupied; involved: deeply engaged in conversation.
- pledged to be married; betrothed: an engaged couple.
- under engagement; pledged: an engaged contractor.
- entered into conflict with: desperately engaged armies.
- (of wheels) in gear with each other.
- Architecture. (of a distinct member) built so as to be truly or seemingly attached in part to the structure before which it stands: an engaged column.
- pledged to be married; betrothed
- employed, occupied, or busy
- architect built against or attached to a wall or similar structurean engaged column
- (of a telephone line) already in use