- perceiving directly by intuition without rational thought, as a person or the mind.
- perceived by, resulting from, or involving intuition: intuitive knowledge.
- having or possessing intuition: an intuitive person.
- capable of being perceived or known by intuition.
- easy to understand or operate without explicit instruction: an intuitive design; an intuitive interface.
- resulting from intuitionan intuitive awareness
- of, characterized by, or involving intuition
adj.1640s, from Middle French intuitif or directly from Medieval Latin intuitivus, from intuit-, past participle stem of intueri “look at, consider” (see intuition). Related: Intuitively; intuitiveness.