- engaging in, disposed to, or interested in open-air or athletic sports: a rugged, sporting man.
- concerned with or suitable for such sports: sporting equipment.
- interested in or connected with sports or pursuits involving betting or gambling: the sporting life of Las Vegas.
- involving or inducing the taking of risk, as in a sport.
- not relating or conforming to sportsmanship; unfair
- (prenominal) of, relating to, or used or engaged in a sport or sportsseveral sporting interests
- relating or conforming to sportsmanship; fair
- of, relating to, or characterized by an interest in gambling
- willing to take a risk
adj.“characterized by conduct constant with that of a sportsman,” 1799 (e.g. sporting chance, 1897), from present participle of sport (v.).