- of a glutinous nature or consistency; sticky; thick; adhesive.
- having the property of viscosity.
- (of liquids) thick and sticky; viscid
- having or involving viscosity
late 14c., from Anglo-French viscous, from Late Latin viscosus “sticky,” from Latin viscum “anything sticky, birdlime made from mistletoe, mistletoe,” probably from PIE root *weis- “to melt away, flow” (used of foul or malodorous fluids); see virus.
- Having relatively high resistance to flow.
- Having relatively high resistance to flow (high viscosity).