- of or relating to a volcano: a volcanic eruption.
- discharged from or produced by volcanoes: volcanic mud.
- characterized by the presence of volcanoes: a volcanic area.
- suggestive of or resembling a volcano; potentially explosive; volatile: a volcanic temper.
- of, relating to, produced by, or characterized by the presence of volcanoesa volcanic region
- suggestive of or resembling an erupting volcanoa volcanic era
- another word for extrusive (def. 2)
1774, from French volcanique (see volcano). Figurative sense of “prone to explosive activity” is attested from 1854.