noun, plural yel·low·tails, (especially collectively) yel·low·tail.
- a game fish, Seriola lalandei, of California.
- Also called yellowtail snapper. a small West Indian snapper, Ocyurus chrysurus.
- yellowtail flounder.
- any of several other fishes with a yellow caudal fin.
noun plural -tails or -tail
- a carangid game fish, Seriola dorsalis, of coastal waters of S California and Mexico, having a yellow tail fin
- any of various similar fishes
- Also called: yellowtail moth any of various similar fishesAnother name for goldtail moth
- Australian another word for yellowtail kingfish