plural noun Informal.
- abdominal muscles.
- antilock braking system.
- Chemistry. ABS resin.
- variant of ab-: absent; abscond.
- American Bible Society.
- American Bureau of Shipping.
- informal abdominal muscles
- acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene: any of a range of tough copolymers used esp for making moulded articles
- a variant of Av
- Also: a.b. able-bodied seaman
- (in the US) Bachelor of Arts
- (esp in postal addresses) Alberta (Canada)
- a human blood type of the ABO group, containing both the A antigen and the B antigen
colloquial shortening of abdominals, by 1992.
form of ab- before -c-, -q- or -t-.