- an act of acknowledging.
- recognition of the existence or truth of something: the acknowledgment of a sovereign power.
- an expression of appreciation.
- a thing done or given in appreciation or gratitude.
- a declaration before an official that one has executed a particular legal document.
- an official certificate of a formal acknowledging.
- public recognition by a man of an illegitimate child as his own.
- the act of acknowledging or state of being acknowledged
- something done or given as an expression of thanks, as a reply to a message, etc
- (plural) an author’s statement acknowledging his use of the works of other authors, usually printed at the front of a book
alternative form of acknowledgement. OED deems it “a spelling more in accordance with Eng. values of letters.”