- See under polymerization(def 2).
- the act or process of forming a polymer or polymeric compound.
- the combination of many like or unlike molecules to form a more complex product of higher molecular weight, with elimination of water, alcohol, or the like (condensation polymerization), or without such elimination (addition polymerization).
- the conversion of one compound into another by such a process.
- the act or process of forming a polymer or copolymer, esp a chemical reaction in which a polymer is formed
- The bonding of two or more monomers to form a polymer.
- A chemical process that effects this bonding.