verb (used with object)
- Physiology. to move or draw toward the axis of the body or one of its parts (opposed to abduct).
- Also called addition compound. Chemistry. a combination of two or more independently stable compounds by means of van der Waals’ forces, coordinate bonds, or covalent bonds.Compare clathrate(def 2), inclusion complex.
- (of a muscle) to draw or pull (a leg, arm, etc) towards the median axis of the bodyCompare abduct (def. 2)
- chem a compound formed by direct combination of two or more different compounds or elements
- To draw inward toward the median axis of the body or toward an adjacent part or limb.