- A condition in which body tissues that are normally separate grow together.
- A fibrous band of scar tissue that binds together normally separate anatomical structures.
- The union of opposing surfaces of a wound, especially in healing.conglutination
- The force of attraction that causes two different substances to join. Adhesion causes water to spread out over glass. Compare cohesion.
- A fibrous band of abnormal tissue that binds together tissues that are normally separate. Adhesions form during the healing of some wounds, usually as a result of inflammation.