noun, plural adjutants general.
- U.S. Army.
- the Adjutant General,the chief administrative officer of the Army.
- an adjutant of a unit having a general staff, usually an officer of the Adjutant General’s Corps.
- a high, often the highest, officer of the National Guard of a state or territory.
noun plural adjutants general
- British army
- a member of the Army Board responsible for personnel and administrative functions
- a general’s executive officer
- US army the adjutant of a military unit with general staff