- (of an organism or tissue) requiring the presence of air or free oxygen for life.
- pertaining to or caused by the presence of oxygen.
- of or utilizing the principles of aerobics: aerobic exercises; aerobic dances.
- (of an organism or process) depending on oxygen
- of or relating to aerobes
- designed for or relating to aerobicsaerobic shoes; aerobic dances
- Living or occurring only in the presence of oxygen, as certain microorganisms.
- Of or relating to aerobes.
- Relating to or used in aerobics.
- Occurring in the presence of oxygen or requiring oxygen to live. In aerobic respiration, which is the process used by the cells of most organisms, the production of energy from glucose metabolism requires the presence of oxygen. Compare anaerobic.