- assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- assuming or pretending to possess that which is not natural: Her affected wealth and social pedigree are so obviously false that it’s embarrassing.
- inclined or disposed: well affected toward the speaker’s cause.
- held in affection; fancied: a novel much affected by our grandparents.
adjective (usually postpositive)
- deeply moved, esp by sorrow or griefhe was greatly affected by her departure
- changed, esp detrimentally
- behaving, speaking, etc, in an artificial or assumed way, esp in order to impress others
- feignedaffected indifference
- archaic inclined; disposed