- (often initial capital letter) a person living in a certain historical age: a Gilded Ager; Stone Agers.
- (often initial capital letter) a person who embraces a certain cultural movement: New Agers.
- a person in a certain period or stage of human life.See also golden ager.
- a thing that ages something: Sunlight is a skin ager.
- a worker who inspects electric lamps.
- an apparatus filled with steam through which dyed cloth is passed in order to fix the dye.
- a worker who stabilizes the electrical properties of a device by passing a current through it.