- characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- making an all-out effort to win or succeed; competitive: an aggressive basketball player.
- vigorously energetic, especially in the use of initiative and forcefulness: an aggressive salesperson.
- boldly assertive and forward; pushy: an aggressive driver.
- emphasizing maximum growth and capital gains over quality, security, and income: an aggressive mutual fund.
- (of a disease or tumor) spreading rapidly or highly invasive; difficult or impossible to treat successfully.
- pertaining to a risky surgery or treatment, or to a medication that has grave side effects: aggressive chemotherapy.
- quarrelsome or belligerentan aggressive remark
- assertive; vigorousan aggressive business executive
- Characterized by aggression.
- Inclined to behave in a hostile fashion.
- Tending to spread quickly, as a tumor; fast-growing.
- Characterized by or inclined toward vigorous or intensive medical treatment.