- all four limbs or extremities; the four legs or feet of an animal or both arms and both legs or both hands and both feet of a person: The cat rolled off the ledge but landed on all fours.
- (used with a singular verb) Also called high-low-jack, old sledge, pitch, seven-up. Cards. a game for two or three players or two partnerships in which a 52-card pack is used, the object being to win special scoring values for the highest trump, the lowest trump, the jack, the ace, the ten, and the face cards.
- on all fours,
- in conformity with; corresponding exactly with.
- (of a person) on the hands and feet, or the hands and knees: I had to go on all fours to squeeze through the low opening.
- both the arms and legs of a person or all the legs of a quadruped (esp in the phrase on all fours)
- another name for seven-up