- lacking definite form; having no specific shape; formless: the amorphous clouds.
- of no particular kind or character; indeterminate; having no pattern or structure; unorganized: an amorphous style; an amorphous personality.
- Petrography, Mineralogy. occurring in a mass, as without stratification or crystalline structure.
- Chemistry. not crystalline.
- Biology. having structural components that are not clearly differentiated, as the nuclear material in certain bacteria.
- lacking a definite shape; formless
- of no recognizable character or type
- (of chemicals, rocks, etc) not having a crystalline structure
“shapeless,” 1731, from Modern Latin amorphus, from Greek amorphos “without form, shapeless, deformed,” from a- “without” (see a- (3)) + morphe “form” (see Morpheus). Related: Amorphously; amorphousness.
- Lacking definite form; shapeless.
- Lacking organization; formless.
- Lacking distinct crystalline structure.
- Not made of crystals. Glass, amber, and plastics are amorphous substances.
- Lacking definite form or shape.