- a substance that produces anesthesia, as halothane, procaine, or ether.
- pertaining to or causing physical insensibility: an anesthetic gas.
- physically insensitive: Halothane is used to produce an anesthetic state.
- the usual US spelling of anaesthetic
- An agent that reversibly depresses neuronal function, producing total or partial loss of sensation.
- Characterized by the loss of sensation.
- Capable of producing a loss of sensation.
- Associated with or due to the state of anesthesia.
- A drug that temporarily depresses neuronal function, producing total or partial loss of sensation with or without the loss of consciousness.