- soul; life.
- (in the psychology of C. G. Jung)
noun (in Jungian psychology)
- the feminine principle as present in the male unconscious
- the inner personality, which is in communication with the unconsciousSee also animus
Jung’s term for the inner part of the personality, or the female component of a masculine personality, 1923, from fem. of Latin animus “the rational soul; life; the mental powers, intelligence” (see animus).
- The inner self of an individual; the soul.
- In Jungian psychology, the unconscious or true inner self of an individual, as opposed to the persona, or outer aspect of the personality.
- In Jungian psychology, the feminine inner personality as present in the unconscious of the male.