- animated quality; liveliness; vivacity; spirit: to talk with animation.
- an act or instance of animating or enlivening.
- the state or condition of being animated.
- Graphic Arts
- a dynamic visual medium produced from static drawings, models, or objects posed in a series of incremental movements that are then rapidly sequenced to give the illusion of lifelike motion.
- the process of preparing such animation, as for films, cartoons, video games, etc.
- a product of such animation, as a film or cartoon.
- liveliness; vivacity
- the condition of being alive
- the techniques used in the production of animated cartoons
- a variant of animated cartoon
1590s, “action of imparting life,” from Latin animationem (nominative animatio) “an animating,” noun of action from past participle stem of animare (see animate (v.)). Meaning “vitality” is from 1610s. Cinematographic sense is from 1912.
- The state of being alive.
- Liveliness; high spirits.