- the act of or state of being .
- moral perversion; depravity.
- perversion of integrity.
- or dishonest proceedings.
- debasement or alteration, as of language or a text.
- a debased form of a word.
- putrefactive decay; rottenness.
- any influence or agency.
- the act of corrupting or state of being corrupt
- moral perversion; depravity
- dishonesty, esp bribery
- putrefaction or decay
- alteration, as of a manuscript
- an altered form of a word
mid-14c., of material things, especially dead bodies, also of the soul, morals, etc., from Latin corruptionem (nominative corruptio), noun of action from past participle stem of corrumpere (see ). Of public offices from early 15c.; of language from late 15c.