- an act or instance of combining into an whole.
- an act or instance of a racial, religious, or ethnic group.
- an act or instance of an organization, place of business, school, etc.
- Mathematics. the operation of finding the of a function or equation, especially solving a differential equation.
- behavior, as of an individual, that is in harmony with the environment.
- Psychology. the organization of the constituent elements of the personality into a coordinated, harmonious whole.
- Genetics. .
- the act of combining or adding parts to make a unified whole
- the act of amalgamating a racial or religious group with an existing community
- the combination of previously racially segregated social facilities into a nonsegregated system
- psychol organization into a unified pattern, esp of different aspects of the personality into a hierarchical system of functions
- the assimilation of nutritive material by the body during the process of anabolism
- maths an operation used in calculus in which the integral of a function or variable is determined; the inverse of differentiation
1610s, from French intégration and directly from Latin integrationem (nominative integratio) “renewal, restoration,” noun of action from past participle stem of integrare (see ). Anti-discrimination sense is recorded from 1940 in a S.African context.
- The state of combination or the process of combining into completeness and harmony.
- The organization of the psychological or social traits and tendencies of a personality into a harmonious whole.
- A physiological increase or building up, as by accretion or anabolism.
- A recombination event in which a genetic element is inserted.
- In calculus, the process of calculating an integral. Integration is the inverse of differentiation, since integrating a given function results in a function whose derivative is the given function. Integration is used in the calculation of such things as the areas and volumes of irregular shapes and solids. Compare differentiation.
The free association of people from different racial and ethnic backgrounds (see ); a goal of the to overcome policies of that have been practiced in the United States.