- a person who has , especially extensive , invested in business enterprises.
- an advocate of .
- a very wealthy person.
- opposed to or against the principles or practice of capitalismanticapitalist riots
- someone opposed to or against capitalisma group of anticapitalists
- a person who owns capital, esp capital invested in a business
- politics a supporter of capitalism
- informal, usually derogatory a rich person
- of or relating to capital, capitalists, or capitalism
1791, “man of money,” from French capitaliste, a coinage of the Revolution and a term of reproach; see (n.1) + . Related: Capitalistic.