- of or relating to a substance that opposes the effects of acetylcholine; interfering with the passage of parasympathetic nerve impulses.Compare .
- an anticholinergic substance, as a drug.
- physiol blocking nerve impulses through the parasympathetic nerves
- med a drug or agent that blocks these nerve impulses, used to control intestinal spasm, increase the heart rate, dilate the pupils for examination of the eyes, dry secretions in anaesthesia, and in some forms to treat Alzheimer’s disease
- An agent that is antagonistic to the action of parasympathetic or other cholinergic nerve fibers.