- Also aph·ro·di·si·a·cal [af-ruh-duh–zahy–uh-kuh l, –sahy-] /ˌæf rə dəˈzaɪ ə kəl, -ˈsaɪ-/. arousing sexual desire.
- an aphrodisiac food, drug, potion, or other agent that arouses sexual desire.
- a drug, food, etc, that excites sexual desire
- exciting or heightening sexual desire
1719, from Greek aphrodisiakos “inducing sexual desire,” from aphrodisios, “pertaining to ; sexual pleasure; a temple of Aphrodite,” Greek goddess of love and beauty. As an adjective from 1830 (earlier was aphrodisical, 1719)
- Arousing, increasing, or intensifying sexual desire.
- An aphrodisiac drug or food.
A substance or quality that excites sexual desire.